We see a lot of companies and various individuals use moveable storage units for various purposes. While most don’t normally need these containers to our daily lives, several companies who are into delivery and production need them to transport all the finished products from the company warehouse to the point of destination – market, stalls, shops and etc.
In buying a storage container, it’s essential to understand the primary reasons why you should purchase it and how frequent do we need it. Before making up your mind in purchasing or renting one, it always pays to check the item first. Though it may seem daunting to inspect such a massive container, that’s not actually hard as it seems.
This article will walk you through the steps on how to inspect a moveable storage units:
1. The first thing to check before making any purchase of moveable storage units are its doors. To check if the container’s doors are sturdy and strong, swing them inwards and outwards for a couple of times.
Another thing to check is the unusual sound it creates every time its doors are opened and closed. Compare the sound heard to the other doors of all other containers. If that is the only container that produces such kind of sound, then something is wrong with the creation of that unit. One reason for this is the door alignment especially if the container is already a second-hand unit. Whether the container is second hand or brand new, make sure that the doors are properly aligned to ensure safety and security of the belongings during transport.
2. All containers to be purchased must have “CSC container inspection plates”. These plates basically contain all the necessary information regarding the storage units. Usually, there are three details that we can see on these plates. They are: the unit model, the manufacture date or year and the product manufacturer. Remember to use these pertinent information as guidelines. For instance, you can already assess the present condition of the preferred storage container by simply looking at the manufacture date on the plate.
3. Do inspection from within. Always make it a point to check not just the outside of the container, but also the inside. Look at the unit’s walls and ceilings and check if they’re still in good shape. Pay attention to rust or scratches and we should not purchase containers that are not well kept. It’s easy to check for rusts on a storage unit because rusts spread on other surfaces of the container and creates a hole in it. We just have to get inside that massive storage unit and see if light is entering the unit.
4. Don’t ignore the corners. Make time to check for rusts and other damages on every corner of the unit. One small damage or rust seen on the container’s surface is already a red flag so don’t intend to rent or buy that unit. In addition, be proactive on asking the shop if they have any other stock containers that don’t have much marks or scratches.
5. Once done with checking on the corners, proceed with inspecting each and every side including the top. Aside from dents, rusts and markings, check if there are fading colors on sides of the unit. This can be present especially on the top portion of the storage container since it is more exposed to sunlight. In checking the top portion, take that opportunity to inspect the current condition of the roof as well. We should not purchase a storage box that already has a loose roof components because these can potentially lead to accident and other hazards.
6. Compare the ones for sale over the ones for rent. Some companies offer rusty containers to customers who are just looking for rentable units and reserve the damage-free ones for those who want to purchase them. It always pays to ask and be meticulous during inspection because we will shed out some money for these items.
A lot of reputable dealers and companies that offer for rent or for sale moveable storage units are found online. Our storage containers are highly durable and are capable of keeping all your items secure.
Our competitive pricing is market competitive and our attentive attitude for your Storage Container needs makes us one of the best in the industry for your on-site storage solutions.